Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Chronicle of the Origins of Jeffy's Arcade.


In 2001 I discovered MAME, I played Gyruss and Pac Man from Evening to Morning. And It was Good. But I played on my computer keyboard and that sucked. UP, DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT. BORRRRRRRING!

In 2004 I decided to build my own arcade cabinet.
I asked my friend Gizz to help. And he was good. Really good.Stupendously good in fact. He was so incredibly, mind boggelingly, sensationally good that if I were to tell you how really, realy good he is, you would be very impressed with his goodness. Eh?

I visited many new friends along the way:
www.arcadecontrols.com
www.retroblast.com
www.mameworld.net

In fact I went there every day. And twice on Sunday.

In January 2004 I designed the control panel. And it was good.

In February I built the computer and it was passable, and it still runs, so there.


In March I bought a cheap TV with SVideo inputs for $125.00. And it was good.


In April I set up the test rig and Gizz and I build the Control Panel. And it Rocked!


In May I bought the MDF and it was heavy, very heavy.

We cut out the sides and used cleats to
hold the cabinet together. The Plans were LuSid's. I designed the Control Panel--mine, all mine. We then spent two months playing with wood.


And Behold, the fruit of our labor...


































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home